Additional Training Information
Here are some possible sources for securing volunteer help to train your team for the Invitational:
- Association of Consulting Foresters of America, Inc.
- Society of American Foresters
- National Association of State Foresters
- Directory of State Extension Foresters
- Directory of State SAF-accredited Forestry Schools
You might also want to consider other sources of help for:
- Botany instructor at a local junior/community college
Use of a Compass and Topographic Map Use
- nearby National Guard Armory personnel
- local Scout leader
- local orienteering club; see the US Orienteering Federation, web site for a list of orienteering clubs in your region. There likely is someone in one of the clubs who will help you with compass and pacing instruction and the use of topographic maps.